Sunday 21 August 2011

Maidstone street collection!!!

   After much organisation with Maidstone council, I finally had my street collection permit for Saturday 20th August 2011. So, it was finally time to hit the streets of Maidstone armed with collection buckets, VSO balloons, leaflets and my VSO charity sign for advertisement. 





   It was quite daunting as id never done anything like this before, but once a few members of the public came and spoke to me about the charity and offered their donations, all my fears disappeared. It was a great experience overall. It gave me a chance to speak to locals about what I was doing and they often shared stories of friends doing similar work, or offered their best wishes for the coming months.


   I have to say my only enemies for the day were myself, managing to fall down the stairs with my collection bucket in the middle of McDonalds! And the wasps, who seemed to love my green Global xchange t-shirt and orange balloons SO MUCH that they kindly attacked me all day! I vaguely recall dropping my signpost at one point about to do a runner down the high street away from one over friendly so and so!


   But what an enjoyable day overall! AND most importantly, I was incredibly pleased to have raised £82.21 for VSO!!! Thankyou Maidstone town centre!!! And a big thanks to Alan and my folks for supporting me on the day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment